- If your Kwikset Halo touchscreen is not lighting up, touch the screen with your palm and keep it there until the light pops up.
- Low battery power, wiring issues, pending firmware update and vacation mode being turned on are some of the most common reasons behind Kwikset Halo keypad not working.
Out of all the parts of a smart lock, you will least expect a keypad to malfunction or not work as expected. Usually people face issues with their batteries, the latching mechanism or some technical glitch like wi-fi issues.
Nonetheless when I had installed Kwikset Halo in my home, I saw that the keypad was not lighting up and I couldn’t punch in the code.
Surprisingly the solution that worked for me was as simple as touching the screen with my palm. However I got down to research the broader issue of Kwikset Halo keypad not working and the possible fixes.
In this article, I will touch upon what are some of the reasons why the touchscreen on your Kwikset Halo might not be lighting up (or not working properly) and what can be done to resolve the issue.
Why Isn’t My Kwikset Halo Keypad Working?
Here are some of the most common reasons why you might be facing a problem with the keypad.
- Batteries are low on power
- Wiring Issues
- Pending Firmware Update
- Vacation Mode is On
Fixes for each of these reasons are pretty simple and that’s exactly what we are going to cover in the next section.
Troubleshooting Kwikset Halo Touchscreen Not Working Problem
Here are some simple troubleshoots that you can follow to fix the issue.
1. Use Your Palm To Wake Up the Keypad
You will see that a lot of times, the touchscreen just doesn’t light up and you are not able to punch in your user code.
The most effective solution for this problem is to touch the keypad with your palm and leave it there till the screen lights up. It worked for me and should work for you as well.
2. Check the Power on Batteries
If the lock is low on power, you are bound to face issues with your keypad. Therefore it wouldn’t hurt to check the status of the batteries. Open the Kwikset app and you will find battery status there as shown in the image below.
Another thing worth checking here is that the battery is inserted correctly in the interior lock assembly.
3. Check The Wiring Once Again
In some cases, a loose or improperly connected wiring harness can lead to touchscreen issues in your Kwikset Halo smart lock. Follow these steps to ensure a secure wiring connection:
Depending on your Kwikset Halo model, you’ll find a cable connecting the exterior touchscreen keypad to the interior housing of the lock. This cable is responsible for transmitting electrical signals between the keypad and the lock’s internal components. Examine the cable for any signs of damage, such as fraying or exposed wires. Damaged cables may need to be replaced to restore proper functionality.
4. Are There Any Pending Firmware?
Firmware updates are crucial to address software glitches and enhance the lock’s performance. Outdated firmware can potentially lead to touchscreen issues in your Kwikset Halo lock.
To update your kwikset halo firmware, follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Ensure that your smartphone or device is within Bluetooth range of the Kwikset Halo lock. Open the Kwikset app on your device. If a firmware update is available for your lock, a notification message will appear on the app’s screen.
- Step 2: To start the firmware update, tap on the “Update Now” option within the app. This will begin the updating process. The app will guide you through the firmware update process step by step.
- Step 3: Allow the update to proceed; it may take some time depending on the size of the firmware. Do not interrupt the process.
5. Turn Off the Vacation Mode on Kwikset App
Vacation mode is a feature that all smart locks (worth their salt) have. It is a feature that temporarily disables the touchscreen and the only way to open the lock is either by a key or disabling the feature. Generally people use this feature when they are on vacations and hence the name.
Therefore ensure that the vacation mode on Kwikset app is turned off.
6. Reset the Lock
Resetting the Kwikset Halo lock to its factory settings is a useful troubleshooting step for persistent issues. Just remember that this process erases any custom settings, like your access codes, so you’ll need to reconfigure them afterward.
- Step 1: Begin by removing the batteries from the lock.
- Step 2: Next, press and hold down the “Program” button located on the keypad.
- Step 3: While continuing to hold the “Program” button, reinsert the batteries.
- Step 4: Maintain the “Program” button pressed for approximately 30 seconds. During this period, you will hear a beep, and the status LED will flash red.
- Step 5: Release the “Program” button.
- Step 6: Now, press the “Program” button once more. The status light will turn green and you will hear 2 beeps confirming that the lock has been reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can extreme weather conditions affect the touchscreen’s performance on my Kwikset Halo lock?
Answer – Yes, extreme heat or cold can impact touchscreen responsiveness. Ensure your lock is installed within the manufacturer’s recommended temperature range, and consider weatherproofing measures if necessary.
Q2. Can I use the Kwikset Halo lock with a weak Wi-Fi signal or no Wi-Fi at all?
Answer – Yes, the Kwikset Halo lock can function without a Wi-Fi connection. It operates primarily with the touchscreen and key, but a Wi-Fi connection is needed for remote access and certain features like smartphone control.
Resolving the Kwikset Halo Touchscreen not working issue involves a series of systematic troubleshooting steps. By carefully checking power sources, ensuring proper installation, and resetting the lock, you can often restore functionality. In some cases, contacting Kwikset customer support or seeking professional assistance may be necessary. Remember, with patience and diligence, you can overcome these challenges and enjoy the convenience and security of your Kwikset Halo Touchscreen lock once again.